Have you ever wondered how you can cleanse your liver naturally after exposing it to a lifetime of alcohol and processed foods containing potentially harmful substances?
Looking for the right liver cleansing recipe can be a hassle sometimes. That is why we’ve written this piece to help you make the right choice.
The liver is responsible for important body functions. If compromised, it can lead to serious health challenges.
Consuming unhealthy foods and drinks like saturated fats, fried foods, and alcoholic drinks can be dangerous for your liver. It becomes more difficult for your liver to perform its functions leading to complications and eventually liver damage.
We have carefully selected seven natural products for you to pick from when looking for natural recipes.
1. Lemon and Ginger Tea
This detox tea is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and accelerating weight loss. It also helps relieves stomach gas, improves metabolism, and body immunity.
You can choose to prepare your lemon and ginger tea at your home using the following fresh ingredient which includes:
- 1-inch of fresh ginger.
- One lemon.
- Three cups of boiling water.
- Slice or grate the 1-inch of fresh ginger to fine pieces.
- Add the sliced ginger into the boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the lemon fruit into fine pieces.
- Add the lemon slice into the boiling water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Filter out the liquid and drink the tea all day.
- You can also add the remaining lemon slices to each tea.
2. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea has a strong sedative and antioxidant effect that helps relieve stress, improve sleep, and remove harmful substances that remove waste from the body. It also helps relax inflamed tissues in your body by controlling the factors that cause it.
- Boil 1 glass of water for 10 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of blended or powdered chamomile into boiling water.
- Cover for another 10 minutes.
- Consume the mixture every day for more than two weeks to enjoy the benefits.
Chamomile tea has other benefits, such as:
- Treat cold
- Slow the progression of osteoporosis.
- Treat diabetes and lower blood sugar.
- Help with menstrual pain.
3. Cinnamon and oatmeal drink
Cinnamon has some beneficial effects on the liver, such as improving the storage of nutrients. However, you must make sure to use it moderately.
Oats are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals that improve digestion and clean the liver and even the intestine.
The blend of these two substances gives the perfect drink that detoxes your liver naturally.
- Boil 1 cup of water for 6 minutes.
- Measure one teaspoon of organic oat and add to the boiling water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir the mixture properly.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon, stir a bit, and drink.
4. Turmeric Tea
Turmeric is a famous plant that is well known in India and China. Turmeric is well known for its characteristic yellow color.
Several research pieces have shown that turmeric can help prevent liver damage. Turmeric is also well known to increase the production of digestive fluids in the liver and bile.
Some other benefits of turmeric include;
- Prevent and treat cancer.
- Prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Manage diabetes.
- Reduce cardiovascular functions.
- Prevent heart disease.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add one teaspoon of grated or powdered turmeric
- Allow the mixture to heat for 5 minutes
- stir the mixture and allow to cool for 5 minutes before drinking.
5. Apple Cider Drink
The apple cider vinegar drink is quite popular, and its use dates back to a thousand years ago. This natural product can help cleanse your liver have a host of other benefits for your body. Some of them include:
- Remove toxic wastes from your liver and kidney.
- Improve blood flow through the body.
- Your liver will be able to filter blood better.
- Raise your move and energy levels.
Making the apple cider vinegar requires the following ingredients;
- Five large apples
- A quarter orange piece.
- Two cinnamon sticks.
- ½ teaspoons of cloves powder
- ½ teaspoons of nutmeg.
- ½ pack of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- To a heating pot, add apples, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon sticks, oranges, and sugar.
- Cover the pot with water and boil for some minutes.
- Decrease the heat of the and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove the orange and use a potato mash to mash the apples.
- Return to the simmer and allow to simmer uncovered for an extra 1 hour.
- Filter the mixture using a fine mesh by pressing the solid particles against the mesh till the juice is extracted out.
- Do away with the solid’s substance.
- You can now take the drink while warm.
6. Beet Juice
The beet juice is gotten from the root of the beet tree. The juice from the root of this tree can cleanse your liver naturally. It is packed with antioxidants and can purify your blood.
- Remove heavy metals found in the liver.
- Increase blood circulation around the body.
- Rich source of vitamins.
- Place a container under a juicer and switch it on.
- Add beetroot, apple, carrot, celery, and ginger into the container and blend completely to form the juice.
- Squeeze the liquid out a half lemon into the juice and stir.
- Serve the juice in a cup or glass.
7. Coffee Drink
Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be because certain studies have shown that coffee can reduce the chances of liver damage by 70 percent! Other benefits of coffee to the liver include:
- Fight cancer
- Prevent the liver from forming scar tissue
- Minimize the risk of hepatitis and other liver diseases.
- Reduce the fix the harmful effect caused by excessive alcohol intake.
After reading this article, I am confident that you will be able to able to:
- Understand how important natural products is to improve liver health.
- Know the benefits of each natural recipe.
- Be able to prepare this product right from your home.
Natural drink recipes mentioned above helps to cleanse the liver naturally. It is also important to note that they should be taken in moderation as they might have their side effect when used excessively.